Experience the bold flavors of the South with our Cajun Shrimp and Rice Skillet. This one-pan wonder is a quick and easy dish that’s perfect for busy weeknights.
Cajun Shrimp and Rice Skillet
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ cups long-grain white rice
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add diced onion, bell pepper, and minced garlic. Sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Season shrimp with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add shrimp to the skillet and cook until pink and opaque.
- Stir in rice, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 380, Fat: 10g, Carbohydrates: 50g, Protein: 25g